Programming in Java
In this course you learn first the basic knowledge of computer programming and then how to write computer programs using the programming language Java. You will be working at the computer. There will be some assignments which will give you more understanding of the programming concepts.
This course is designed for students who want to look into the field of computer science.
After this course you will be able to understand basic concepts of writing a computer program with the programming language Java. Take a look at the syllabus below.
Topics addressed in this course include:
- Variables and types of data
- Loops and conditions
- User interfaces
- Methods- Classes and objects
- Object inheritance
- Creating and designing data types
- Sorting and searching
- Input and Output
- Concurrent programming
- Event-driven programming
Prof. Dr. Rand Kouatly
Dr. Rand Kouatly is a visiting professor at Technische Universität Berlin Faculty of Audio Communication; he has experience of more than 20 years in teaching nationally and internationally with lots of courses in the fields of Information Technology and Communication Engineering, including Java.
6 Jan 2020 - 31 Jan 2020
Bachelor / Undergraduate
Master / Graduate
|Program fee||1,950 EUR|
|Application deadline||6 January 2020|
The general prerequisites of the TU Berlin Summer & Winter University are that candidates have B2 level English and at least one year of university experience.
In addition, the following requirements are recommended for this course:
1. Basic computer skills
2. Knowledge of school-level mathematics, in particular, the following skills:
- How to calculate with complex numbers
- How to calculate with matrices
- How to handle planes and lines
3. Knowledge of some basic Linux commands is also useful (but they will be also introduced in the course).